This is a technique to give you a FREE baby monitor.
You will need two smartphones (or tablets) to make this work. If you still have an old smartphone that works, you don’t need to buy a second phone. The good news is that you won’t have to pay to use your old phone since you only need Internet access and it should work on the same Wi-Fi network that you use with your current phone. Download the app of your choice onto both phones. Set up one in the nursery and use the other at the parent station.
As for the App to choose:
- WiFi Baby Monitor: Free & Lite from Papenmeier Software UG is free – Android phone
- WiFi Baby Monitor – NannyCam from Alfred Labs Inc is free – High quality video and audio streaming – iOS version and Android version.
- Baby Monitor Annie – Compatible with all iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Baby Monitor HD by Sunshine Apps – Compatible with all iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
- Baby Monitor by Faebir – audio alerts only
- Third Eye – Real time audio & video streaming – compatible with iPhone, Mac or PC
- Bluetooth and Wi-Fi App Box – iPhone only)
Be sure to choose good passwords for both your phones and WiFi to protect your network and family. This is great technology, but don’t be lazy with the passwords that might allow a neighbor to get unauthorized access.